Cat Ba Island is the largest island in Ha Long Bay with over 200km2, located at about 50km from Hai Phong city. From this island, tourist can easily connect to Ha Long Bay, Bai Tu Long Bay and Lan Ha Bay.
There are limestone mountains, hot and cold springs, moist tropical forests, mangrove forest, coral reefs as well as its deserted beaches and island lifestyle.
Cat Ba is the place to go in Vietnam if tourists want a wide array of adventures and a relaxed island feeling. We highly recommend a trip with kayaking, rock climbing and taking an overnight cruise in Halong Bay, Lan Ha Bay or Bai Tu Long Bay with stunning natural beauty. Tourist can spend another day trekking Cat Ba National park with wide tree lined around, breathtaking views, exploding hidden coves on a hired motorbike. Cat Ba Island has three main beaches which are great and quite. There are beautiful sand beaches, good service resorts, strange style accommodation and wifi free everywhere. The environment here is absolutely clean and pure. It’s great for walking on the beach on the sunset and sunrise.
How to go to Cat Ba Island from Hanoi City:[list icon=”icon: thumbs-o-up” icon_color=”#11b51f”]
- The easiest, cheapest and most reliable route to Cat Ba Island is the public bus from Hanoi City with Hoang Long bus company, bus station 15 minutes taxi ride from the Old quarter.
- Booking Overnight Halong Bay cruise with program 3 days / 2 night (include Cat Ba island in Itinerary) . See list Halong luxury cruise: https://surprisinghalong.com/compare-cruises/compare-halong-luxury-cruises.html
- Private package of Ecosea travel: (recommended if travel with children). This route from Hanoi to Cat Ba Island is more scenic, more comfortable, faster and it avoids the need to find the bus station since picking you up at your hotel. Contact form is below.
When to go:[starlist]
- The best weather to visit Cat Ba is from late September until November, when the air and the temperature is mild and skies are mostly clear.
- From June to September, it is hot but awesome for lying on the beautiful beaches.
- December to February is cooler, but still pleasant.
- The period from March to April, rain is common
- Sun cream, insect repellent.
- Swim-suit, hat, sun-glasses and changes.
- Good camera with lots of films or memory space.
- A sense of adventure.
Tours and activity in Cat Ba Island:[checklist]
- Trekking tours; Kayaking tours; Fishing tours and Snorkeling tours.
- Boat tours (Sailing boats and deluxe junks) to discover Lan Ha Bay – Ha Long Bay – Bai Tu Long Bay.
- Rock climbing, cave exploration, finest seafood, beaches and swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, cultural discovery.
- Motorbikes and kayaks for rent (local guided and independent).
Cat Ba Island Photo Gallery
(Click to view a bigger picture)
[note note_color=”#f0f0de”][gravityform id=”4″ name=”Quick Enquiry” description=”false”][/note]